Basketball training Potomac residents desire can be the best way to prepare yourself for the next level of your basketball game. At Koa Sports, we focus on developing our players physically, mentally, and emotionally. Our coaches are trained and have all played at the high school or collegiate level. Most importantly, they’re focused entirely on the safety and betterment of your child.
For all of us here at Koa, we take what we put into our bodies very seriously. Today we’re talking about what foods and liquids to consumer before a high intensity program in basketball training Potomac recommends.
Why It’s Important to Eat and Drink the Right Things
Figuring out what to eat before a game can be tricky. Eat too much, and you could feel lethargic and slow. Eat too little, and you won’t make it through the first half. All together, eating and drinking the right things will make you a better athlete and help you perform better in the basketball training Potomac relies on.
Basically, your pregame diet should consist of complex carbohydrates and protein.
- Complex Carbs: Complex carbs help promote a feeling of fullness and maintain your blood sugar levels. Great ways to get these nutrients are through whole grains, leafy greens, and rice. These foods shouldn’t be confused with simple carbs, which are often high in sugar and do not provide real nutritional value. Simple carbs include things like white bread and sugary snacks like cookies.
- Protein: Some say you should eat protein before a game, and some say after. The point is that keeping your protein levels right will help you recover faster, get stronger, and play better. Chicken and fish are the leanest proteins. Avoid fatty meats.
Staying hydrated is just as important, if not more important, than regulating what you eat before a game. You should stay hydrated throughout the day and be careful not to drink too much water at once. If you don’t get enough water before and during your game, cramps can occur, and you’ll hit fatigue quickly. If you’re sick of drinking water all the time, you can switch to sports drinks with high electrolytes like Gatorade – these drinks can be high in sugar, so be sure to water them down before diving into basketball training Potomac citizens prefer.
Koa is the leading sports agency in the Maryland, Virginia, and D.C. area. We specialize in providing the best training and sports programs for basketball, field hockey, baseball, flag football, and so much more. We offer the following basketball programs, including 1-1 coaching and strength and conditioning in our state of the art 13,000 sq. ft. facility.
- Boy Select Program (3rd – 8th)
- Winter Clinics (K – 2nd)
- Basketball Camps (8U – 22U)
- Prep Training (12th – 13th)
Are you ready to take your basketball skills to the next level and join one of the programs in basketball training Potomac depends on for high quality results? Good. Check us out at koasports.org or give us a call at (301) 229-PLAY.