Many individuals do not realize that Physical Therapists can be a very beneficial treatment option for many different conditions and injuries. There are many reasons you should visit with an experienced Physical Therapist such as the Physical Therapist Gaithersburg MD locals trust. The idea behind chiropractic practice is that the proper alignment of the human body’s skeletal structure will help the body to heal by itself without any surgery or medication. Physical Therapists are taught to use a hands on healing method where they manipulate your spine along with other treatments to correct alignment and help restore the mobility to your joints that may have had restricted movement because of a tissue injury. These chiropractic interventions may ease the pain in your muscles, connective tissue, and joints. Many injuries like whiplash, herniated discs, and hamstring sprains can cause pain in these specific parts of the body.
1. Sciatica is the condition by which your sciatic nerve becomes inflamed. The sciatic nerve runs from your lower spine all the way down into your thigh and foot. Symptoms typically include pain starting in the lower back region or buttocks and traveling into one or both of your legs. This is a very common neurological problem that Physical Therapists can treat.
2. Strain of the hamstring is also a common injury treated by Physical Therapists. Because it is a sports injury, chiropractic treatment may include stretches to fix any tightness your joints. Recurring hamstring injuries could mean muscular imbalances and a Physical Therapist can check for this.
3. Lower back pain and strain can be fixed by Physical Therapists making adjustments to increase your range of joint motion and reduce your pain. Lower back exercises can also help with back pain.
4. Physical Therapists also help with neck pain by stimulating and relaxing your muscles. Neck pain is typically caused by a cervical sprain, which is a soft tear in the tissue. It can also be a direct result of whiplash.
5. Scoliosis affects around 6 million individuals in the United States. It is a lateral curvature of over 10 degrees in the spine, and a Physical Therapist will have to do a physical examine to determine if you have it. Spinal manipulation is the most common treatment for this.
6. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which there is numbness in the median nerve in your wrist and hand. Physical Therapists can stretch muscles in your wrist and hands to help alleviate pain.
7. Unbeknownst to most, rotator cuff injuries occur in individuals that do not play sports as well. It is found in individuals who play baseball and football to people who paint and do carpentry for a living. Helping stretch out the muscle is a treatment by Physical Therapists to help fix this.
A special thanks to our authors at Pain and Arthritis Relief Center for their insight into Chiropractic Care.