Be prepared for the Summer & Fall!
As the summer season is upon, take the right steps into having a productive and safe FH summer!
1. Set Your Goals!
- Whether you are attending one of our summer camps, getting ready for the fall tryouts or preparing for your fall HS season, it is always best to set a few goals that you can achieve over the summer to get ready for your future seasons!These goals do not need to be super in-depth! You could even start with a few simple goals that you know you can easily achieve! After you achieve those goals, you can set a few new ones that may be a bit more challenging.Here are a few examples of goals that you can set this summer!
- Learn a new skill
- Run a mile in 8 minutes
- Focus on my player confidence during game play
- Train at home 3x a week
- Have fun at every practice!
- Work as hard as I can at every session of camp
No matter what your goals are, never give up on them and always believe in yourself that you can achieve anything you set your mind to!
2. Be Prepared to Reach Your Goals!
Not only is it important to set goals, but you need the right mindset and preparation to attain the goals!
Start with the basics of Hydration! As the summer is coming up, it is known that the weather and the field heat up. You need to make sure that when you are practicing at home or at camp, that your body is 100% ready to give your best during the session.
1. How much Water is Enough?
It is best to drink a large glass of water at least 8 times a day! If you are going to be out in the sun all day, it is great to drink some water before your session to prepare your body for the heat!
2. Make it a Habit!
Not only should you be drinking water during a practice, but you should be drinking it at home and during meals! Make sure you are filling your body with good nutrients and fluids such as, smoothies, fruits and vegetables.
3. Know the Warning Signs!
During your training, remember to listen to your body to ensure your safety at all times! If you start to feel any of these symptoms, take a break and get some water!
Your health is the most important thing to our Koa Staff! Make sure you are hydrated and ready to go and if not, please tell a coach!
3. Let Koa Help You Reach Your Goals!
When setting your goals, keep in mind the programs that could help you reach those goals!
Let Koa help you this summer! Join us at one of our programs so that we can make sure you are having the most productive summer for field hockey!
If you are not sure what you need to improve on, you can always schedule an evaluation. Our coaches will evaluate your athlete on their basic fundamental skills, on-ball and off-ball movement, field vision, coachability and their overall athleticism. These evaluations can be done during any Koa Program!