Kids Activities in Kensington, MD
At Koa Sports, we have plenty of options for kids activities in Kensington, MD such as basketball, flag football, tennis, or baseball. By enrolling your child onto a sports team, there are an unlimited number of benefits. Your kids learn both physical and social skills when playing on the field, providing them with challenges, encouragement, and friendships. At Koa Sports, we know how important it is for kids to get active from a young age, and are here to provide that outlet. If you aren’t sure what type of sport is right for them, we are happy to talk with you to narrow down options!
Physical and Social Benefits of Sports
We know that when engaging a child in MD kids activities, there are a variety of emotional, interpersonal, and physical benefits. Kids get to play outdoors with their friends, learn about sports rules, and how to cooperate with each other. They also learn good sportsmanship habits which they can use throughout life. The sooner you enroll your child into an activity at Koa Sports, the sooner they can experience these advantages:
- – Better Vision: Kids who spend sufficient time outdoors playing a sports, particularly organized sports, are much less likely to have vision problems.
- – Motor Skills Development: Participating in sports assists with coordination and builds new skills.
- – Self-Confidence: Playing with teammates and getting along socially can help build confidence and self-esteem.
- – Healthy Weight: In recent years, there has been an increase in obesity in children. Kids who partake in activities which get the physical body moving are more likely to maintain a weight that is within a healthy range.
- – Social Skills: Kids learn about what it means to be a team and how to support others in their success too.
How To Pick The Right Sport
At Koa Sports, we have plenty of kids activities in Kensington to choose from, including tennis, flag football, basketball, field hockey, and baseball. We also have summer camps, a training facility, and Koa prep basketball which helps kids increase their chances of getting into a better college while prolonging their basketball career. Picking the right sports program for your kid is surely easier when they have already expressed a passion or talent.
However, not every child knows exactly what they want to play from the start. So, in order to help you choose from the list of kids activities in Kensington, Maryland, we may ask the following questions:
- – Are there any types of sports that your child tends to watch on television and get excited about?
- – Has your child participated in some form of physical activity in the past, such as dance or gymnastics?
- – Does your child have any physical or mental challenges that could have an impact on the sport they play?
- – What level of energy does your child have? Do you think they would prefer to participate in a sport that entails short spurts of energy (such as with tennis), or do they have a lot of energy to spare (such as with football)?
- – What skills do you want to see your child build more of?
You can trust that our team of coaches always have your child’s best of interest at heart. If you would like to know more about Kensington kids activities in MD, don’t hesitate to call Koa Sports today!