With tryouts coming up, here are some things that coaches look for when selecting players
- Good basics – being able to receive the ball under control and pass the ball accurately and timely
- Great communicators – learn what to say and how to say it to get the best response
- Team player – have trust in your teammates and work together to achieve success
- Mental toughness – staying committed, persistent and motivated when things don’t go your way
- Confidence – believe in yourself and don’t doubt your ability – this is one of the most important aspects to excel in a sport
- Decision making – learn how to manage emotions and have a calm and in control state of mind in order to make instinctive decisions
- Consistency – always be mentally and physically prepared
- Good fitness levels – have a physically sound and durable body to keep up with the game
- Speed – can create dangerous attacks and is important for everyone on the field
- Good vision – the ability to see a through pass, read the game and anticipate what will happen next is important
It is important to remember that being a great field hockey player is not just about having great skills or scoring the most goals; it is about being an all around great player.
Healthy Snack of the Week
-nutrient dense snack
-quick and easy to make
-protein from peanut butter (to help build muscle and tissue)
-high in fiber (which helps digestion and heart health!)
-keeps you feeling full for longer
Picture of the Week!
Our Wednesday Clinic is all smiles after a day of some fun competition!
Our new Koa Online store has launched!
Pick up your latest Koa gear now! Click the link below to find cool gear with personalized options to represent Koa everywhere you go!
A 10% discount code can be found on the top of each homepage! Enjoy your new gear with a discount!
Interested in Buying a Stick?!
Click Here for some helpful information!
Keeping up with Koa!
Coming up THIS week!
u10, u12,u14 Club and DT Tryouts: Club and Development Team tryouts for the U10, U12 & U14 Fall Season will be held in the first two weeks of June! Come out and see where you stand against one of our higher teams! For more information click HERE.
Coming this Summer!
Potomac Summer Camp: At Koa Sports Field Hockey Camp, our goal is to grow the love of field hockey through a full day of drills, games, and scrimmages. Each week our professional field hockey coaches will cover hitting, dribbling, dodging, and offensive and defensive skills. Every player will have the chance to build their field hockey skills while learning teamwork and creating new friendships! For more information, please click here!
Germantown Summer Camp: Koa FH Camp is to grow the love of field hockey through a full day of drills, games, and scrimmages. Each week our professional field hockey coaches will cover hitting, dribbling, dodging, and offensive and defensive skills. Every player will have the chance to build their field hockey skills while learning teamwork and creating new friendships! For more information, please click HERE!
High School Prep Camp: The Koa HS Prep Camp is geared towards getting players ready for their HS preseason and tryouts for the Fall Season! Athletes will go through fast-paced skill sessions, conditioning drills, and play in full field scrimmages! If you want to know more, click HERE!
Summer Conditioning Camp: Need to get in shape for your HS or MS Tryouts? Koa is here to help and will be offering Weekly Summer Conditioning camps – these camps will run in conjunction with the Regular and Elite Summer Camps, so come early and get a workout in before camp! For more information, click HERE!
All Year Round
Private Lessons:Are you looking for a 1 on 1 skill session? Are you looking to take your skills to the next level? We offer private lessons with our experienced coaches to help you improve your skills. Breakdown those skills you may be having trouble with and have a coach analyze and help you work on them. If you are interested, please email Kelly Given, and to find out more click HERE!
Evaluations:Koa FH is now offering evaluations to players who want to know where they stand compared to our different programs. Any field hockey player, whether you are new to Koa or you have been with Koa for a few seasons can register for an evaluation! To find out more information, click HERE!
Interested in any of these programs: Register Here!!
Catch up on all of the Blogs you missed by clicking here:
Club and DT Coordinator
(301) 229-7529 (PLAY)
Rec League and Clinic Coordinator
(301) 229-7529 (PLAY)