So, you’re interested in trying out for Koa Baseball?
You’re in the right place — welcome!
TRYOUTS FOR WINTER/SPRING 2017 SEASON
Tryouts for Winter/Spring 2017 have passed! If you have an interest in playing for Koa, please schedule a player evaluation with Andrew Beatley by emailing email@example.com or call our office at 301-229-7529. Unsure which age range you should try out for? Click here to check our Age Determination Chart for Fall 2016/Spring 2017.
13/14U: Tuesday, October 18th, 5:00pm-6:30pm @ Richard Montgomery High School (250 Richard Montgomery Drive, Rockville, MD 20852)
11/12U: Thursday, October 20th, 5:00pm-6:30pm @ Richard Montgomery High School
9/10U: Friday, October 21st, 5:00pm-6:30pm @ Richard Montgomery High School
Makeup Tryouts and Call Backs:
Tuesday, October 25th, 7:00pm-9:00pm @ Georgetown Prep (10900 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD 20852)
- Attend tryout (October 18th-21st depending on age group)
- October 22nd – If your son has made BABL but is on the bubble for Travel, we will invite you to attend a second callback tryout.
- October 24th – Rolling BABL offers begin
- October 25th – Makeup Tryout (for those that miss the first week of tryouts) and Callbacks (to get a second look at some players)
- October 27th – All Travel offers will be sent out, you will have until Sunday, October 30th at 8pm to accept the offer.
- November 1st – All BABL decisions will be made, you will have until Friday, November 4th at 8pm to accept the offer.
- Week of November 7th – Teams will be finalized for Winter/Spring 2017 season.
BETHESDA AREA BASEBALL LEAGUE (BABL)
BABL is a select program, with a commitment to baseball that’s greater than rec league but less than travel ball. Multi-sport athletes are encouraged! Available to ballplayers in 3rd through 8th grades. There’s a weekly clinic, practice, and a single game (2 or 3 day commitment). The number of days is dependent upon grade (3rd-4th graders <9U/10U> meet 2x/week, while 5th-8th graders <11U/14U> meet 3x/week). Click to visit our BABL page for more information and FAQs.
BABL A*: 3rd & 4th grade (10u)
BABL AA: 5th & 6th grade (12u)
BABL AAA: 7th & 8th grade (14u)
*Exceptional 8U athletes would be “playing up”
Travel is an elite program, with a commitment to baseball as your son’s favorite or sole sport. Available to players aged 8 through 14 years old (exceptional 8U athletes would be “playing up”). There are two practices and a doubleheader each week (3 day commitment). Click to visit our Travel page for more information and FAQs.
If you have any questions about our tryouts or programs, please email Nick Booth, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.