So, you’re interested in trying out for Koa Baseball?
You’re in the right place — welcome!
BASEBALL TRYOUTS FOR FALL 2017 SEASON
Baseball tryouts for Fall 2017 are now open! If you cannot make any of the scheduled baseball tryout dates and have an interest in playing for Koa, please schedule a player evaluation with Nick Booth by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 301-229-7529. Unsure which age range you should try out for? Click Here to check our Age Determination Chart for Fall 2017/Spring 2018 baseball tryouts.
Baseball Tryouts Schedule:
13/14/15U: Tuesday, June 6th, 6:00pm-7:30pm @ Richard Montgomery High School (250 Richard Montgomery Drive, Rockville, MD 20852)
11/12U: Thursday, June 8th, 6:00pm-7:30pm @ Richard Montgomery High School
9/10U: Friday, June 9th, 6:00pm-7:30pm @ Richard Montgomery High School
Makeup Baseball Tryouts and Call Backs:
Tuesday, June 13th, 5:30pm-8:30pm @ Richard Montgomery High School
- Attend baseball tryouts (June 6th-9th depending on age group)
- June 10th – If your son has made BABL but is on the bubble for Travel, we will invite you to attend a second callback tryout.
- June 10th – Rolling BABL offers begin
- June 13th – Makeup Baseball tryouts (for those that miss the first week of tryouts) and Callbacks (to get a second look at some players)
- June 14th – All Travel offers will be sent out, you will have until Friday, June 16th @ 8pm to accept the offer.
- June 14th – All BABL offers will be sent out, you will have until Friday, June 16th @ 8pm to accept the offer.
- June 17th – Evaluation Day and BABL Draft: Teams will be finalized for Fall 2017 season.
BETHESDA AREA BASEBALL LEAGUE (BABL)
BABL is a select program, with a commitment to baseball that’s greater than rec league but less than travel ball. Multi-sport athletes are encouraged! Available to ballplayers in 3rd through 8th grades. There’s a weekly clinic, practice, and a single game (2 or 3 day commitment). The number of days is dependent upon grade (3rd-4th graders <9U/10U> meet 2x/week, while 5th-9th graders <11U/14U> meet 3x/week). Click to visit our BABL page for more information and FAQs.
BABL A*: 3rd & 4th grade (10u)
BABL AA: 5th & 6th grade (12u)
BABL AAA: 7th & 8th & 9th grade (15u)
*Exceptional 8U athletes would be “playing up”
Travel is an elite program, with a commitment to baseball as your son’s favorite or sole sport. Available to players aged 8 through 14 years old (exceptional 8U athletes would be “playing up”). There are two practices and a doubleheader each week (3 day commitment). Click to visit our Travel page for more information and FAQs.
If you have any questions about our baseball tryouts or programs, please email Nick Booth, Program Director at email@example.com.